What will change:
The IT Service Group will be migrating from a local ticket system to the centrally supported ticket system called TeamDynamix. This is the same ticketing solution used by central IT and other groups, so it is already widely used within our communities.
The migration is planned for Jan 13, 2022.
Who will be affected:
Everyone in Engineering, CIS and Cornell Tech that uses the local IT ticket system for IT support.
Changes you will notice:
- There will be no interruption in service.
- You will notice cosmetic changes to ticket emails and the ticket website, but the functionality will be the same.
- For anyone requesting help over email (email@example.com), the existing email address will continue to function.
- Members of the Tech Campus community should begin using firstname.lastname@example.org or the above address. Please discontinue use of email@example.com for IT requests.
- For anyone who uses the web portal to submit tickets, there will be a new web portal with a similar web form.
- The old ticket system will be kept running as an archive to enable referencing old ticket information.
If you are experiencing an issue submitting a ticket or accessing the new portal, please alert your embedded ITSG staff member.