During the Covid closure, the ITSG updated the print server and removed the old connection to the IP address and now connects via a server name.
Follow the instructions below to add the new print server name.
- Click Settings>Devices>Printers & Scanners
- Click Add a Printer or Scanner
- A scan will start, when “The printer that I want isn’t listed” appears, click that link
- Click the radio button in front of Select a shared printer by name
- Enter the following string \\winprint.coecis.cornell.edu\ (please be sure to enter the \ at the end of the string.)
- Printers will begin to appear
- The format of the printer name is department-building-room_number printer model.
- Select the printer you wish to add.
- Click Next
- After you have selected the printer, your computer will download the correct printer driver from the server and install it on your computer.
- You will have an option to rename the printer, click Next
- At this point you should be able to print a test page.
- Then click Finish.
For assistance with any of these requirements please contact the ITSG at Help Request Ticket
We’re glad to assist you with your needs.