Hiring managers should follow the onboarding guidelines set out by their units in conjunction with their local HR contact.
In order to ensure that a new hire’s IT needs are met, please provide as much of the the below information as possible as soon as a hire is identified and their NetID is established in accordance with your unit’s policies.
- Name (nickname/salutations)
- Job Title
- Hire Date/Start Date
- Supervisor/Point of Contact
- Office/Work Location
- NetID of person in role previously, or person in role with similar access
- IT Needs
- Computer: Re-image an existing? Order new?
- Programs needed beyond standard (Windows/Office/Adobe PDF Reader, Zoom, etc.), such as Adobe, Filemaker, etc.
- Access to resources such as File Shares, local applications, etc.
When a team member departs please provide the individual’s information (NetID, departure date, etc.) to IT as soon as possible in accordance with your unit’s and HR policies.