The ITSG deploys CIT’s Certified Desktop solution on employee’s Cornell owned personal productivity devices. This solution includes the restriction of “Admin Rights” in accordance with Cornell Policy 5.10
If you would like to request a change to your device’s Certified Desktop configuration, such as gaining elevated privileges “Admin Rights”, please submit a ticket to the ITSG. Once received you will be provided a form to fill out, so that your request can be reviewed for security compliance.
On this form you will be asked to provide the following:
- Name and NetID of the person making the request
- Name and NetID of the person needing elevated privileges (if different from the above)
- Name and NetID of your supervisor
- Start and End Date of access
- Reason for the elevated privileges: the job duties, research, or instructional need
- Affirm that your requested has been reviewed by a director level employee for your area
- Name and NetID of that director level employee
If approved, you will be contacted with further instructions on the configuration of your elevated privileges.