Best Practices to improve network speed:
- The easiest way to improve your network speed is to be close the wireless router.
- For the best and most stable connection, connect to router with network cable
Wireless Band: 2.4Ghz vs. 5Ghz
Many recent routers have two wireless bands, 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz
- 2.4Ghz has a longer range but is subject to more interference.
- 5Ghz has higher speeds but shorter range.
Try switching bands to see if network performance
Long Term Improvement:
Many internet providers offer different tiers with higher speeds.
Video Conferences (optimizing for a low bandwidth connection)
- Plug the computer(s) that you are using into a network cable connected to the router.
- Turn off your video
- Mute your audio
- Avoid other applications that use bandwidth. (including other computers/systems in the same home network)
- Cloud Backups
- Streaming Videos
- Cloud Storage Syncing
Checking your Network Speed