We would like to share various tools and services available for working remotely (away from your office).
- Using a work laptop remotely – please review these instructions https://it.coecis.cornell.edu/wfh/
- Please consider taking the laptop with you whenever you leave campus to ensure you will have it in the event of unforeseen restrictions preventing return to campus.
- Using your own personal computer to remote-in to your work computer.
- Please review these instructions: https://it.coecis.cornell.edu/wfh/
- Using any off-site computer to remote-in to a virtual workstation because your work computer is not accessible.
- This virtual workstation option is presently under construction.
Please be aware of the following remote tools accessible from most work and personal computing devices, without a VPN connection:
- Webmail Access through Outlook: http://outlook.cornell.edu
- Cornell G Suite: https://it.cornell.edu/gsuite
- Zoom Video Conferencing for meetings: https://it.cornell.edu/zoom
- Cornell’s Box for document sharing: https://it.cornell.edu/box
- https://www.office.com/– cloud-based Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Please carefully review the following solutions now for the access that will be needed when working remotely:
- Business Phone forwarding – please submit a ticket if your phone should have a forward after so many rings.
- Two-Factor Authentication – how you are setup to acknowledge the system verification in order to work remotely.
- If using “Call Me” for verification, set where you wish to receive the call.
- If using a dongle/hardware token for verification, consider where you store the dongle off-site for access.
- If using the Duo Push app, consider whether you need to install it in various/alternate locations.
- We recommend that you be prepared to use at least two methods in case your first choice is unavailable.
- Web Links – check that you have campus resources bookmarked or documented for easy access.
- VPN – check that your VPN is configured and working now, as per https://it.coecis.cornell.edu/vpn/
- Microsoft Office – licensed access to software to install a local version of office on a personal computer.
Please remember to email ITSG for support or questions email@example.com and put “remote access planning” in the subject line.